- Leadlight entrance halls were a common feature of the Federation period
Bullseye Leadlight window
- Ornately patterned LeadLight windows were made in casement style, which open out along the vertical axis.
- These Lead Light windows were hand made by skilled craftsmen
- Styles could range from floral with Art Nouveau influences to a simple geometric pattern.
- Bay windows were popular
- Also popular were simple groupings of 3 or 4 casement windows in a single line.
- Federation Casement sets often included Transom lights, the smaller window above the main casement.
- These Transom lights were very often fitted with coloured moulded patterned glass. - Terrace House Factory
|Coloured glass sash windows|
|Coloured Patterned Glass Verandah window|
|Coloured Transom windows|
|Federation Casement Windows|
|Plain Transom windows|
|Entrance way and Casement windows|