Sunday, January 18, 2009

Federation Tiling

  • Adorned with fretwork and tessellated tiles, verandahs were an important feature of a Federation home.
  • Tessellated tiles in various patterns were often used for bathroom floors.
  • Wall tiles were generally 6 inches in length (152mm).
  • Decoration of wall tiles was often in the form of transfer tiles or embossed tiles and often finished off with bullnose cappings.
Haberfield pathway
Haberfield pathway
Haberfield garden path
Haberfield garden path

federation_tiles_3.jpgfederation_tiles_4.jpg

Tessellated Tile Patterns from Olde English Tiles

Bathroom Floor Tiling
Bathroom Floor Tiling
Windsor
Windsor
Westleed
Westleed
Federation Patterns
Federation Patterns




Federation Borders
Federation Borders

6 comments:

  1. Hey admin, your blog's design is so cool and loving it. Your articles are so cool. Please continue this great work. Greets!!!

    Metal Roofing Sydney

    ReplyDelete
  2. Articles and content in this section of the website are really amazing. Great ideas indeed! I will surely keep this in my mind!

    Roofing Parma & Roofing contractors Columbia Station

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

    Remodeling Contractor Fairfax & Room Additions Fairfax VA

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a really good read for me, Must admit that you are one of the best bloggers I ever saw.

    Roofing Contractors Lawrenceville & Commercial Roofing Lawrenceville

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought it was going to be some boring old post, but it really compensated for my time. I will post a link to this page on my blog. I am sure my visitors will find that very useful.

    Seal Coating Atlanta & Concrete Contractor Atlanta

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent read, I just passed this onto a colleague who was doing a little research on this topic. And he actually bought me lunch because I found it for him. So I should thank you for the free lunch I got.

    Custom Kitchen Remodeling Houston & Bathroom Remodeling Houston TX

    ReplyDelete